Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Expensive Vegan

I mentioned yesterday that I would be checking out a restaurant and hopefully adding it to my list of favorites. Well it is not going to happen. Since it didn't make the list I will not divulge the name but will tell you some of the criteria it failed. First the criteria it did meet, the food was very good and the ambiance was very nice. You may ask, isn't that enough? Sometimes it, is but not for me this time.

First off, I got there before the friend I was meeting. I was seated and then greeted by my server who politely introduced themselves and proceeded to explain the vegan menu and ask if there was anything they could get me, job well done. My response to this was I would like water and would wait to make any further selections until my friend arrived. Here is where they went astray, over the course of the time that I was waiting the server made no less than 3 attempts to get me to try one of their suggestions rather than just checking to see how I was doing. So much for reading your customer.

Rather than rant on and on about a few other things I will say that the bill is what finished it off, not a drop of alcohol and the bill for 2 was $60, that is hard to swallow sober!

Now that all of that is said, if I were craving really good vegan food I would probably give them another try.

No comments:

Post a Comment