Friday, December 16, 2011

Culinary IQ: Friday, December 16, 2011; No-Bake Cookies

No Oven? No-Bake

When I was a child there always seemed to be enough ingredients in the house to make a quick batch of no-bake cookies. My dad's favorite was a cookie called Missouri Mud cookies. No-bake cookies are definitely in a category of their own. They can be somewhere between a cookie and candy.

No-bake cookies can be bar cookies, dropped cookies or formed cookies. Most of the no-bake cookies I am aware of need some amount of refrigeration as well.

One of the most popular no-bake cookies is the Rice Krispie cookie, a mixture of cooked marshmallow and crispy rice cereal. Additional ingredients like chocolate chips or sprinkles can make these cookies a festive treat at the holiday.

If you are a chocolate and peanut butter fan I would recommend trying these Missouri Mud cookies which I originally made from a neighborhood fundraising cookbook.


I hope you have at least one batch of cookies to make this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment