Saturday, September 29, 2012

Country Fried Chicken Dinner Tonight!

Tonight I am going to make a traditional mid west dinner of Country Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Vegetable.
I am thinking of making deviled eggs to snack on before dinner then the dinner will start with a mixed green salad with my favorite blue cheese dressing recipe from the Palm Restaurant, tomatoes and radishes.
The main course will be crispy fried chicken (peanut oil is commonly agreed upon to give the best crunch). Rich buttery mashed potatoes with country gravy and a vegetable (probably green beens) will accompany the chicken.
For dessert I am making boysenberry pie using the foolproof pie crust recipe that uses vodka! I will serve the pie with vanilla ice cream.
WARNING: One should not eat like this every meal! This is a special occasion meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment