Thursday, October 6, 2011

Doing time at the Times!

I have started an exciting new stage of my culinary education, my externship! I am pleased to be doing mine at the Los Angeles Times test kitchen. Yes I am following in the footsteps of Marian Manners and Prudence Penny. I think it is safe to say that anyone reading this post will be too young to remember either one. Both were pseudonyms for the various food instructors and writers and later editors in the early days of Los Angeles Times. Yes, some of them were even males. I am currently working with 4 other interns from various culinary schools. We test the various recipes and kitchen tools that will be featured in the paper's food section including cookbook reviews, Culinary SOS and recipes that will be demonstrated on KTLA/5's Eatbeat. 
The most recent recipe I made was for a vegetable soup from the Coral Tree Cafe so it could be photographed for a possible Culinary SOS article. Look for the recipe in an upcoming issue!
 I am sure my experience at the times will be invaluable and rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment